Friday, January 23, 2009

Call me Aretha... or Diana


I found this photo on the blog of a photographer that I see around the industry fairly regularly. Cindy Reeves Photography does great work and she was nice enough to give me this photo as a professional courtesy. This was taken at a wedding that she and I worked at recently at Pebble Creek Golf Club. Here's a link to see her work http://www.reevesphoto.com/

This photo really speaks what I do. There is so much more to being a DJ than just standing there playing songs. It was a rather spontaneous moment of celebration. I don't remember what I was playing but I think it was Aretha Franklin's "Respect" and she and I kinda fell into sychronicity together and the photographer captured the moment.

There is another photo on that same blog of this bride doing a cartwheel on the dancefloor. It is the thing I love most about my chosen profession. Everybody is always dressed up, they are celebrating something, they are in a good mood, there is food and music... I get paid to schlep the sound and lighting equipment around and do paperwork and stuff, but what you see up there, that's the part that I do for free.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

fun pic! You're the MAN!